May 23, 2018
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in information.
Credit and Attribution
Collecting Personal Information
Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us
We collect information, such as your email address, should you choose to register on our website. If you subscribe to our newsletters, we also collect your name and email address for further communication. Your profile (which includes your username, profile picture, and/or website url) will be publicly visible, on the internet, every time you choose to interact with our website through likes, comments, shares, and reposts. We may also collect information should you choose to communicate with us through our website, its services, email, or through any other subsidiary channel.
Bear in mind, if you disclose to us the personal information of another person, be sure to obtain the person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with our website’s policy.
Information We Collect Automatically
Like most websites, we also automatically collect information should you choose to interact with our website. For example, we collect information about your device, IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, referral source, and operating system. Additionally, we may also collect information about your visits and use of our website, particularly duration of visit, page views, links clicked, and website navigation path among others.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also collect information about you from other sources. For example, you could choose to link your public profile with other social media services such as Facebook, Google, Instagram, Twitter, and/or Pinterest. Should you interact with our website through any of the listed services, we will be able to receive information from that service (such as your username, basic profile information, and friends list) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
How Your Information May Be Used
We may use the information collected in any of the following ways:
- To operate and maintain this website;
- To personalise our website for you;
- To create an account, when you register as a verified user of this website;
- To send you email notifications, should you join our email list;
- To send you email newsletters if you have specifically requested it. You can choose to unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time if you no longer require the newsletter;
- To respond to comments on our website or inquiries sent by email;
- To provide you with any support that you may require;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our website, which helps us improve our website and make it easier to use;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our website, protect the security of our website, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, and fight spam.
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We may share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards for your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you and email support services that help us communicate with you) and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers)
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of website, third parties, or the public at large.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to your site through our Publicize feature.
Information that you choose to make public will be disclosed publicly.
That means, of course, that information like your public profile, that you make public on our website, for example your “Likes” and comments, are all available to others who may visit our website. Additionally, if you submit personal information for publication on our website, for example guest posts, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others
Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
Advertising and Affiliate Programs (Third Party Sites)
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our website for potential vulnerabilities and attacks. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you.
You can choose to limit the information that you provide. If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information or profile information.
You can choose to opt/unfollow out of our email notifications or newsletter. Every email notification has the option to unsubscribe by clicking on a link. If you are a WordPress user, simply click the unfollow button on the page.
You can be set your browser to reject cookies. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website. You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer. Bear in mind, deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
Rights & Contact
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation, data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, for example: you can unlike a post that you liked. Should you choose to delete a comment, you can send us an email on email@example.com
If you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email.